of DeRay complaining
when I asked the “boys”
to throw their towels
down the dirty clothes chute
so I can wash them.
(As if it’s my privilege.)
“Again? You just washed them yesterday.”
Or
“It hasn’t even been a week.”
Weary of the denigration,
I vowed I would never wash their towels again.
I don’t think I was imagining that
The bathroom began to stink.
Going on two months.
Is it fair to Ed?
He didn’t complain.
“What color is Ed’s towel?
I want to wash his.”
I submit.
“Already?"
my husband asks in astonishment,
my husband asks in astonishment,
"It hasn’t even been a week.”
Sometimes time stands still.
In his mind, not mine.
A gender differential?
2 comments:
Jeannette, You didn't tell me you had a blog. It is very fun. Your towel prose is great! I will connect you to mine so I can see when you are posting. About roasting vegetables. I love making a mixture to roast with sweet potato cubes, butternut squash, mushrooms, red peppers, onions, green beans, asparagus...whatever you can scrounge up with a little chopped fresh rosemary or thyme and of course the olive oil and garlic. You can even toss it with pasta if you want. The best!
Great suggestion for roasted vegetables. It will certainly add variety and flavor to our culinary repertoire. I'm really eager to try your Butternut Soup w/Garam Masala also. We love the flavor of Indian food and even have the spice. Much THANKS!
Post a Comment