Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kayaking - Triking - Hiking

“Brent, whenever you pass by Navajo Lake from this day forward, you’ll look down and say, ‘That’s where I taught my going-on-75-year-old mother to kayak.'”
 “Yes, and when Aunt Marilyn’s grandchildren see pictures of her, she’ll be sitting in a chair with a blanket around her.
  Your grandchildren will see you triking, hiking, kayaking.”
Brent & Mom on mountain above Navajo Lake overlooking the North Fork road and Zion National Park.(Where we had to go for cell phone service.)
Amy, with all her certification, also taught me kayaking skills.  When we kayaked on the Kaysville Ponds, she said it was a good place to practice your maneuvering skills but to be careful because the weeds could tip you over.  They catch one side and over you go.  I never thought of that.
I think I still have quite a bit to learn.
#1 rule:  Always wear a life jacket.  
Brent and Amy even got Eddy out in the kayak on Navajo Lake.  That's how expert they are.
"Very uncomfortable," Ed complains.

1 comment:

Charmaine Anderson said...

You have a lot of fun! Way to go.