Sunday, February 19, 2012

EAST WINDS V


Amy posted on Facebook:  Unfortunately the times I've needed a sick day for rest the roofers have been jackhammering away all day; fortunately I can sleep through anything.  Saturday February 4, at 4:27pm
 
And that’s the day we finally got shingles on half our roof after all our rigmarole.
 
Oops, this doesn't appear to be our house.  Men walk on roofs in Mexico too?--where we were the day they roofed--like its Avenue des Champs-Élysées.
 
However, we didn't miss the excitement when they shoved the old shingles off two stories onto our poor deck and lawn. 




















Amen.  Amen.

On March 23, 2012, Amy wrote on Facebook:  The winds have changed our local economy as evidenced by the Chinese place on main replaced by ABC roofing...I never got a chance to eat at the Chinese place, I have had plenty of chance to see/hear roofers and lock your doors for it only takes a hammer, air compressor, some boots, and tar clothes to enter yourself into the biz.

Jeanette again:  I thought every roof except ours was redone between Christmas and New Years.  How wrong I was.  Roofers are walking on roofs all over the neighborhood and entire town every day except Sunday every week and still there are many temporary patched and damaged houses waiting to be roofed and repaired.  The East Winds created much more havoc than any of us realized at the time.
 
 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It's finally over!!!!! YEAH!