When Amy is in St. George, we hike in the desert
early in the morning. When she isn't here, I swim early. I love to do both but you have to choose
because in the summertime, you pretty much have to be through with outdoor
activities by 9 AM.
I like to be outside early because▼
| From the pool |
| At 7 AM |
| It’s not all about the exercise as you can see. |
| Does it look crowded to you? |
After swimming and hot tubbing, the only Jacuzzi
I have found anywhere that doesn’t make me itch, I ride my bike home the long
way. Arriving a couple of hours earlier,I heard laughter. A group of people are gathering
for a hike. As I mount my bike to leave, across the way I hear
joyful sounds from the pickleballers and lawn bowlers;
on the other side,
golfers are busy playing.
No wonder they
have signs along the route:
If you can figure out what they are doing, let me know. I’m baffled. Wait! It just came to me, I think they are doing Water Aerobics.
Ah yes, is it safe to dive in four feet of
water?
|
Of course, someone has to do the work. I wonder who.
On the first day, I saw three of the most
picturesque little trees. The first one
was a rich crimson red; the second one was crimson and green in transition; and
the third little tree was a deep green.
When we left to shop in the afternoon, I took my camera excited to get a
picture. We drove down the street and
back and could not see The Three Little Trees of Varying Colors. The next day as I rode my bike home, I found
the stumps for The Three Little Trees. Boo-hoo-hoo.
They cut them off right at the ground then
put two yellow flags by each one. Why do
they destroy beauty? Why do they have to
be so stuffy? Weren’t the trees obeying
the covenants? They cut down what was to
be my first picture with my new camera.
What could I do but take a picture of the stump?
Nevertheless, there seems to be something for everyone at SunRiver St. George.
| Even a retirement home right on the premises. |
| I'm not sure it's legal to walk without a dog. |
I feel like the little boy who went walking one lovely
summer's day who wanted to go tell mamma he saw so many things.
On my bike ride home from swimming while watching the sunrise, I SAW SO MANY THINGS!
A little boy went walking
One lovely summer’s day: He saw a little rabbit That quickly ran away; He saw a shining river Go winding in and out, And little fishes in it Were swimming all about. And slowly, slowly turning, The great wheel of the mill; And then the tall church steeple, The little church so still; The bridge above the water; And when he stopped to rest, He saw among the bushes A wee ground-sparrow’s nest, And as he watched the birdies Above the tree-tops fly, He saw the clouds a-sailing Across the sunny sky. He saw the insects playing; The flowers that summer brings; He said, “I’ll go tell Mamma! I’ve seen so many things.” |
Finger plays for nursery and kindergarten
By Emilie Poulsson,
Lewis Jesse Bridgman, Cornelia C. Roeske
BTW, on my longer bike or trike rides, I almost always sing this silently to pass the time and help me remember to look for the little things; also, to remember when I sang it with my own small children. (And to see if I still remember it!)
4 comments:
Alright, how much is the Sun River Chamber of Commerce paying you?
I was just going to write you a note to ask you to edit it for clarity and errors. I've spent 2 hours trying to get that picture to turn. Probably by tomorrow it will come up right. Blogs are very frustrating and time consuming. It didn't come out quite as I intended but it will have to do for tonight so I'm open for suggestions.
The SunRiver Chamber of Commerce (of which there isn't one) cannot take credit for the sunrise. It belongs to everyone.
Post a Comment