Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Reunions within Reunions -1

DAYS 1 and 2   
   With the new concrete, we couldn't drive on the driveway for a week. How fun is that to carry all our food and clothes out on the street to load the cars? Thank you, Amy. Sorry we're old and decrepit.
   Brian Head.
   Four trips up the elevator and Amy and I have most of our stuff in the condo. Since we only had one side the first night, the next day we have to move everything over to the other side; change out the sheets and towels, and all those make-work chores.
   It's worth it.










My naturalist brother, DeLoy, thinks the bird is a 
white-crowned sparrow, perhaps the Gambel's subspecies,
a very high elevation bird.







  





























   By Tuesday night, we're all together on the mountain for the first time since 2004. Fifteen of us. A reunion within a reunion. We have one little problem. There are three bathrooms each with half a roll of toilet paper with only one extra roll throughout the condo. When the maid came to clean the big side before we moved in, we told her we were already out of toilet paper. She acted like, "Of course, I'll leave extra toilet paper you dumb clucks." She didn't. We had to buy our own which is against family policy.
   The Big Pugh Reunion is at the Round-Up at Duck Creek. DeRay, Eddy, Amy and I joined them for chicken croissants on Monday night.


DeRay and Jeanette, Ed, Amy.
Brent and Jan, Jonathan, Naomi, Amanda.
Brooke and Elizabeth, Brigitte, Isaak, Klarissa, Karlton.
All Hughs.

3 comments:

desplingca said...

hj, I liked the wild flower, wildlife, and wild land photos especially. Did you come home renewed? ld

Melissa said...

Your mountain wildflower photos are AMAZING@@

desplingca said...

hj, I was going to be smart and tell you the species of the two bird pictures on reunion days 1 & 2, since my Peterson Birds of Western North America covers the entire west. It was harder than I thought. I am 90% certain they are White-crowned Sparrows, perhaps the Gambel's subspecies, a very high elevation bird. We have them on our bird feeder here but only in winter. We call them "skunk-capped sparrows". ld