Monday, December 12, 2016

Not Again

We’re gettin’ a new bigger wet vac for Christmas
Mommy and Daddy, Amy, Brooke, and Karlton are mad.
Rain/snow water flooding into the basement
Ain’t nuttin’ but BAD.

amy barely got the new foam pads laid
from the September flood; we prayed.



Rain all day Saturday on top of snow
Two sump pumps faulty

Wouldn’t you know?

Amy awoke at 3 in the morning
She tried to awaken me
“It’s time to start bailing!”
She tried to awaken me
“I can’t keep up
Water’s flowing too fast
Hurry! Hurry! I’m outclassed”
She tried to awaken me.

Seven hours we wet vacced and dumped
If only the sumps had pumped
Water spouting from everywhere.
Allow us to whine ‘cause it’s so unfair.
“Please may we borrow your big wet vac?”
We can’t keep up. Everything’s out of whack.

RaJean and Alan stayed for more than two hours
Frantically fighting before water devours.

Brooke & Karlton bought a new sump pump
The old ones go straight to the dump.
Except for the one kind Alan revived.
Without good neighbors we may not have survived.
(Years ago,
RaJean spent all day cleaning up beet juice, exacting no fee
When the pressure cooker exploded, burning me.)
We’re doing laundry, drying things out
We’re hungry and tired; ready for a drought.

The sad end of this Christmas song -
Come on sing along -
We’re getting a wet vac for Christmas
And two water alarms
‘cause flooding ain’t nuttin’ but bad.
And we’re mad.

Oh yes, DeRay is conveniently out of town
Leaving us alone to drown.
Three sump pumps later, 
DeRay and Brooke finally got a system 
that moves the water away from the house.
Pipe with holes to drain water. 
End of pipe where water drains on lawn. 
This is our view of the mountains
the day I took the pictures of the pipes.
Normal view.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I CANNOT believe this happened to you again!!!! However, it brought out a creative blog...so silver lining? I love how you changed the lyrics...

JJ said...

You mean I didn't write "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas?"
My bubble is burst!

Melissa said...

You wrote the 2016 version!

JJ said...

Yea. I personalized and updated it.