One Sunday, I walked home from church
with our neighbor.
He was rushing home between meetings
to take care of a new puppy.
(I was home for good.)
He said he hoped the new puppy would
teach his kids responsibility,
as well as love.
At first, I would see all four kids
gleefully walking the puppy each morning;
laughing and skipping,
walking, skate boarding and biking.
Eventually, I noticed Nate
was walking the dog with three children trailing along.
Then Nate and two children.
Then father and the youngest son
walking the dog.
Now as stand in front of my window doing tree pose,
I see only Nate faithfully
walking the dog
each and every morning.
3 comments:
that's sad....
most people don't realize what a commitment dogs are. I'm glad Nate is still taking the dog out regularly!
hj, This one is a good candidate for the SB Fair in the Animal/Pet category, don't you think? ld
Might be. Unless I write one on Amy's poor cat having to have it's teeth extracted for around $2000.
Post a Comment