Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Personal Experimentation

Gravity Inversion Table
The instructions say
“With head flat on back pad,
slowly raise one arm up toward the ceiling.
By raising both hands over your head, the Inversion Table
Should now invert to a greater degree.”
 Three selections:
20 – Slight inversion.
40 – Moderate Inversion
60 – Enhanced Inversion.
Bravely, I raise both arms above my head.
I move not an iota.
If I rock three or four times I eventually can go up and over.
However, after I have inverted once,
When I go back to the beginning
I can raise my arms and easily go on over.
Up & over.
 Considering this,
I decided to concentrate on going over.
I take three or four deep breaths and think
“Weight transfer to head, up and over”
I raise my arms and UP AND OVER I GO!
The first time.
Total surprise!  Astounding.
How can thinking weight transfer, up and over,
Make it happen?
Without thinking about it, I can barely budge;
Necessitating rocking three or four times to go over.
I had been inverting to 40 degrees and decided I wanted to do 60.
DeRay spotted me the first time.
No problem.
So I tried it on my own.
60 Degree Inversion
 I must have been afraid for
When I thought “Weight transfer to head, up and over. . .
Nothing happened.  I moved not one iota.
Fear closed it down.
It took a day or two to have enough confidence
To think “Up and over” and go up and over.
How can “thinking” make things happen
That seem impossible?
How can “fear” circumvent it?
Experiment conclusions:
THOUGHT is a powerful tool.
Fear inhibits.
The mind has much more power over our physical body than I ever expected
WOW!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF YOU CAN THINK THE HEAD HEAVY MAYBE I CAN THINK BELLY FAT OFF?

SEEING IS BELIEVING

NICE SHOES

JJ said...

I think and think and think and no belly fat ever comes off. It's selective. WARNING (reads the instruction manual) ALWAYS WEAR ATHLETIC SHOES WITH LACES TO HELP SECURE YOUR FEET IN THE INVERSION SYSTEM, AND FOR FOOT PROTECTION WHILE EXERCISING.

Charmaine Anderson said...

My husband has one of these for his back. I think it helps.

Melissa said...

you brave woman...
it's amazing what positive thinking can do!!

Anonymous said...

hj,
My theory is that it's the vigor with which you raise and stop your arm lifts, and that it has nothing to do with mind over matter. Try swinging your arms fully extended out and up right from the hips..
ld

JJ said...

Dear Brother Anonymous: I went right downstairs and with vigor swung my arms up from the hips and nothing happened. I tried it two times. Then I took some deep breaths and thought "up". I still barely moved - because you doubted. OK. I relax for a minute or two. Start over with my breathing and up and over I go. I also raise my eyes to the top of my head. It's quite an amazing sensation. After I have once been down, I can raise my arms very slowly and control it completely. LJ