It seems inconceivable to me that I just found out
this week that I have cancer.
It seems like I have known it all my life.
Yet no one was more astounded than we were
when the doctor gave us the bad news
at my appointment on Monday.
I thought my ordeal was over and
we would breeze through this
like every other time.
Both the surgeon
and the thyroid cancer specialist
recommend that I do not have surgery at this time
to remove the other half of my thyroid.
The tumor was small; slow growing . . .
There is no way to know if cancer is in the other half.
We could wait and watch
OR if you prefer,
we can treat it aggressively with surgery and
radioactive iodine.
Of course, I chose to wait and watch.
I’m in no mood to go through surgery again.
It’s only been two weeks.
Already I’ve been put on the medicine
we left half my thyroid in to avoid.
You know what my worst nightmare is?
You need a little background to grasp this.
Last week, the chiropractor DeRay and I paid $5,000 each
with promises that he would cure DeRay’s diabetes and
my Hashimoto’s disease,
was arrested and put in jail
for bilking the elderly of
money with his scheme
to reverse diabetes
on his program that
tends to cheat, exploit,
and endanger both the
physical and fiscal health
of elderly patients.
The next day he was released when he posted a $200,000 bond.
Does it seem ironic that he would bail himself out
with the money he stole that put him in jail?
This is my nightmare:
(totally fictional)
(totally fictional)
Dr. A, the thyroid cancer specialist,
and Dr. B, the surgeon,
and Dr. B, the surgeon,
are arrested and put in jail
for bilking elderly people with their exorbitant fees
and for making false promises.
Records show that patients die of thyroid cancer
within six months without aggressive treatment.
Further investigation proves
that neither doctor is board certified
and each is practicing medicine
under an assumed name and identity.
Further investigation proves
that neither doctor is board certified
and each is practicing medicine
under an assumed name and identity.
They share a cell.
2 comments:
That's OK, because Dr. B could use his well-practiced though fake skills to remove Dr. A's cancerous thyroid, while Dr. C (the Chiropractor) charges them both exhorbitant amounts to do nothing.
That way, everyone is happy . . .
My thoughts exactly. It's as simple as ABC.
Post a Comment