I didn’t know
how trapped I felt
until I found an
escape.
For single-sided deafness
For the first time ever,
a devise that uses your
teeth to change the way you hear.
Completely removable.
No surgery.
Clinically proven to work.
SoundBite™ Hearing System
from Sonitus Medical is the world's first non-surgical and removable hearing
solution to use the well-established principle of bone conduction to
imperceptibly transmit sound via the teeth.
The price is not prohibitive
In fact, for hearing devices,
it is downright cheap.
Around $1,500.
But the best part is,
the only
doctor who does it in Utah
is the
doctor I've been going to for the tumor
that
robbed me of my hearing
and who again next year
will be
included on my insurance!
I was not
only elated for myself
but also
for our 16-year-old grandson
who is
deaf in one ear.
He has
his whole life in front of him.
Even
though there is no doctor
in Missouri who
handles the devise,
I had
visions of him coming out next summer
and being
fitted for one.
I couldn’t
wipe the smile off my face.
As
sometimes happens in life,
the euphoria was short-lived.
Neither Jonathan nor I qualify.
Jonathan, because he's too young.
You have to be 18.
Me, because the hearing
in my left ear isn't good enough.
There you go.
It was fun while it lasted!
3 comments:
aw rats....
I read the ad videos before finishing reading what you had written, and was also excited about your prospects. One item of good news is that your grandson will turn 18 before you know it.
Only 1 1/2 year til he's 18. Maybe we'll have a doctor out here that does this by then.
Post a Comment