Thursday, July 18, 2013

THE TRIKE-KAYAK COMPLETE EXERCISE PROGRAM


Triking each morning
exercises legs.

Even here at Duck Creek,
we have a route.


Never before,
have I been included in the camping children’s games.
This year,
they greeted me cheerily and chatted.
“Will you come back this way?”
“Yes, we go in a circle.”
“10 – 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1”
a group of them shout in unison
at the finish line.
“I WON!”
a little girl cheers.
I didn’t even know we were racing.
I feel like a child again.
Included and involved.
Fun.
Kayaking each evening
exercises arms
for a full-body workout.



The last day,
Going earlier and having more time,
Amy and I went further.
Out in the middle of Navajo Lake,
we hung our legs in the water
and nibbled on the  large Payday candy bars
we bummed from Clare and Marilyn.
Heaven.
Our hikes to Duck Lake, Mirror Lake,
 Our old friend, the Horny Toad
 Duck Creek and Duck Lake


I wonder why it is called Mirror Lake.
and the Spectra Point trail at Cedar Breaks
1 mile each way
Exposed Cliff Edges
Watch your Children.
conditioned both our arms and legs.
Visual and auditory stimulation.
Exquisite red rock formations
Ominous clouds of various shades


Charming old water tower
Logged pathway

Wildflowers




Deer
Birds

Squirrels
Chipmunks
Solace around the campfire each evening
completed our exercise plan each day.






Mind
Body
Spirit
Replenished and Restored.
Some photos by Amy.
Well, most photos by Amy.

No comments: