Friday, November 22, 2013

Song of the Spruce


I wish I were Andrew Lloyd Webber or Tim Rice and I'd write a song like 

East Winds utterly have no regard. 
There's one less blue spruce in our yard.
There’s one more tear in my eye.
It’s tough but we’re gonna get by.

DeRay yearned for the wind to blow the Fjeldsted trash tree over.  It shades our garden, blocks out a whole mountain range, and sheds hundreds of prickly golf ball sized pods over our back lawn and garden.  Instead our magnificent blue spruce toppled.

“How can Mother Nature be so mean?” Ed asks.

This giant tree didn't miss the house by 4" in one place.


Seventy mph winds blew from the east.
Why did the giant spruce fall to the north
Missing our house, the deck, even the railing?
Amy was sleeping not four feet from where it crashed.

There’s one more tear in my eye.
It could have been tougher; we’re gonna get by.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

poor tree...
I'm glad it missed everything though!!!