are designed to make shoe-tying obsolete.
Ed's shoes left; mine right.
“I can’t
do it. I just can’t” Ed wails when we try to get him to use the magical zubits
to fasten his shoes. Amy bought a set for me and one for him. I love mine. They
are strong magnets and fly together. To take your shoes off, you step on the
heel with one foot and bend the other knee. ZAP they pop open. It is so much fun. But Ed
would have nothing to do with them and went into orbit when we mentioned it. He
has such a hard time with anything new. We tried to appeal to his intellect
telling him they were scientific.
“You love
Bill Nye the Science Guy,
You are
Ed Hugh and you love science too!”
“I love
astronomy and aviation,” he reminds me.
I did my
best but he still maintained he hated them. “I love my new shoes but I hate the
magnets.”
Finally
Amy spent a little time with him and now he puts them on and off all day long
as he rides his trike and walks the cul-de-sac.
Postscript:
We loved our zubits so much that Amy ordered her and dad each a pair. Now we’re
all on zubits! No more laces!

2 comments:
Hey, I'm just getting used to Velcro! Now look what they have done.
I had never heard of these....
This is why I read your blog! :)
Post a Comment