Saturday, February 4, 2017

My Mormon Heaven

I dream of a Mormon heaven
Where we sit at Jesus’ feet
In a lovely green meadow
Surrounded by exquisite flowers
Of every hue.

 In family groups, where we meet
The ones who died prematurely;
Still part of our family.
No aches or pains.
No accidents or illness.
No guilt or remorse.
Energy and vitality abound.
Total equality, honor and respect.
It’s not called human rights;
It's called heavenly rights.
No rich or poor.
All are free.
Everyone is happy and smiling;
Peaceful and kind.
Love. Love. Love.
Forever and ever.
Well, maybe do a little genealogy
But I don’t see why.
Everyone knows everyone.
In the Mormon Heaven
I learned about as a child.

    On the other hand,
if one gets too many black marks,
off to hell with you,
where you are continually burning

but never consumed.
Worrisome for a child;
unfathomable.

No comments: