"I
love Aunt Verla, Mom. I like to share a bathroom with her," he says after
he reads the birthday card she sent him with $45 – a dollar for each year of
his life.
A
few minutes later as Gnocchi strolls by, he cautions, "Don't get old,
Gnocchi. It's the pits. I hate to get old."
Then
along comes Pancake, "Pancake, don't ever get old. It's the pits."
“You’re
not going to believe this, Mom, I’ve 45 and still alive.”
“A
year ago today, we were at sea – leaving my favorite port.”
“Forty-five
years and a day ago you were in heaven,” I chat.
“I
don’t know if I can face it again,” he confesses, “I’m too chicken.”
I
understand.
Luckily Brooke, Elizabeth, Klarissa and Karlton stopped by to play
“I
love Brooke’s family; and I love Brent’s family. I love this Ward, Mom.”
Brent & Jan called him as we were leaving The Olive Garden.
Amy took us all out to eat to celebrate his big birthday.
Our first stop was to visit Aunt Shirley in Cedar City.
"Know what I liked about today, Mom?
Stopping to see Aunt Shirley and
we're going to do it again next Friday on our way home."
"Know what I liked about today, Mom?
Stopping to see Aunt Shirley and
we're going to do it again next Friday on our way home."
Clare took us on a scenic drive everyday.
This is Red Rock Canyon
The Las Vegas Temple
Fremont Street Experience
In the condo, we had a trickster fridge.
Every time you opened it, something would fall out and crash to the tile floor.
To name a few:
Cottage cheese, two heads of lettuce, a gallon of milk, frosting,
relish, and a full quart of peaches.
We were finding glass from that shattered bottle the day we left.
Excellent show.
For naught.
Because they sang Viva Las Vegas!
Waiting for Valet - $18.
Hoover Dam, of course, and bridge.
I was the only one who would walk across the dam.
The Last Lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant.
$6.99 plus soup.
One more visit with Shirley and Amy Jayne on our way home.
Lynn & Juanita in their natural habitat.
Lynn wanted to make sure I got the tattered Levi's.
Thank Heavens, Ed's Birthday comes but once a year!
1 comment:
Hey, I put this note on the wrong blog, so here it is on the right one.
Happy belated 45th Ed. It looks like you had a nice trip. Love from Grace and DeLoy in Goleta
Post a Comment