When
no one else is in the hot tub except Ed and me at the condo, I like to lie on
my back, cushioned by the warm water and stare up at the wondrous sky while
palm trees sway gently in the breeze.

Ah,
such luxury and well-being.
I
almost feel a pang of guilt. Mama and Daddy never knew such luxury in their
lifetime, perhaps. No air-conditioning; no central heating. Daddy especially,
was at the mercy of the elements; sleeping in a sheep wagon or tent; except
when he was riding his horse back to Orderville for the birth of a baby or
such. Then he would sleep out in the open, even during a pelting rain. Too hot
or too cold. Too wet or too dry. Born 50 years too early for dishwashers,
washers, dryers, labor saving gadgets.
Wait
a minute!
In
my mind’s eye, I see Mama and Daddy lying on their sides with heads propped up
on one arm in deluxe comfort on a soft fluffy cloud high up in the heavens.
Periodically, they glance down to see how we are doing; making sure everything is
OK.
1 comment:
I love to float too!!! I'm so happy you got a chance to luxuriate, if that is the proper word and spelling...
Post a Comment