Go tell it on the mountain over the hills and
everywhere
Written by Norah L. Henry, MD, on 9/20/2018 2:30 PM
Your mammogram looks good. Here is the report for your records. Please let me know if you have any questions.
HISTORY:
81-year-old (even though I’ll be 82 in less than two weeks.
Let’s not exaggerate) female presents for
post lumpectomy follow-up. The patient is taking Arimidex, has a
history of prior breast surgery, has a history of breast cancer.
FINDINGS:
Right Breast Findings:
There are scattered areas of
fibroglandular density. The patient has had a previous lumpectomy with the
expected post surgical appearance. No significant masses, calcifications or
other abnormalities are seen.
Left Breast Findings:
There are scattered areas of
fibroglandular density. There are no suspicious masses, calcifications, or
areas of architectural distortion.
I casually mentioned to Dr. Henry
that I had not slept the night before
my appointment with her.
She made my appointment for the
mammogram
on a Thursday, the only day the
radiologist is in,
so I could get my results right away.
What man would think of that?
My appointment was for 1 PM.
I got there about 10 minutes early.
They took me right in and I was through
by 1:15,
knowing the results.
She sent me a written report by 2:30 PM.
She also changed it from the Huntsman
Cancer Center
in Salt Lake to the one in Farmington,
five minutes away instead of an hour
away,
which would have been an all-day event.
When I got home,
in my mind
I danced a jig!
1 comment:
WAHOOOOOOOOO!!! That's great news!
Post a Comment