Friday, October 19, 2018

The Near Catastrophe


For my birthday,
DeRay bought me a
gym bag on wheels.
Chic red, off-white, black
and green stripped.
As I toss it in the car
after our swim on Wednesday,
my hair gel and face cream
roll out under the car.
Drats.
I hadn’t zipped up the side pocket.
“Oh, no, Ed my hair brush is missing.”
When my gym bag was stolen,
Amy bought me a new little brush
with a mirror on it.
“I’ve got to go back. This is an emergency,” I explain.
As I get to the street, I see two items
just as the UPS driver leaps into his truck
and starts to roll forward.
 I jump in front of the delivery truck
waving my arms frantically.
He stops.
Whew!
I saved that $5.99 brush just in the nick of time.
I smile and wave as I pick it up
as well as the top to my hair spray bottle.
He smiles and waves back.
I sure learned my lesson.
I now check that zipper before I roll.
clankedy – clankedy - clankedy
(the wheels are very noisy on tile and asphalt)

No comments: