Thursday, January 3, 2019

Physician, heal thyself

Now my Christmas Hiatus is over
I can resume my daily complaints.
The pains in my stomach
feel like a bladder infection, bleeding hemorrhoids, and
a bowel obstruction all rolled into one.
The first two may have been a bit responsible.
Nevertheless, I’m blaming it all on Tamoxifen,
the estrogen-inhibiting drug
for breast cancer.
I took myself off.
By evening that same day,
most of the pressure had subsided.
After a week, it still comes and goes,
but never as intense.
Sometimes you just gotta do
what works for your distinctive physiology.
Torture is a not on the list.
WHAT?
Warm oozing, chocolate syrupy fluid
saturating my clothes
and filling the toilet.
A horror scene.

Four hours later:
“Sorry,”
the Emergency Room doctor said
as he explained to me that the
ultra-sound showed
that I have a 4x5-½ cm
(the size of a tennis ball)
tumor in my uterus.
In post-menopausal women
it is considered cancer
unless proven otherwise.


No comments: