Monday, January 13, 2020

Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus


     This morning, I woke up for the final time when I heard “JEANETTE” again louder “JEANETTE!”  “What?” “I’m stuck.”

     He was on the floor between the bed and the wall. “What can I do?” “Pull the beds out.” So I pulled my bed and then his out so he had room to maneuver. Afterwards, I thought I missed my golden opportunity to get even. I should have told him that I’d help him when I get darn good and ready. Nobody's going to tell me what to do.

     DeRay routinely keeps Eddy waiting up to an hour and a half for lunch or dinner because “everything doesn’t happen right when he expects it. I’ll get up when I’m ready.”  Or to me when I ask him to do something (like get the cardboard boxes out of the front room) after he has been watching TV 6 to 15 hours, “Nobody tells me what to do.” “Quit bossing me around. You're not my mother. I’ll do it when I’m good and ready not when you order it.” I forget what I asked him to do before he gets out of the chair. Yesterday, Amy was getting dinner. I offered to help but it was hard for me to mash the potatoes with her new squeezer so I asked DeRay if he would come and do it. He kept watching TV, even when I asked him again. Finally Amy did it. She was cooking chicken, making a salad, biscuits, and everything else. I asked him to go downstairs and get some eggnog.  “You guys act like I’m not 85.”  So I hobble down.

     But I’m not a man so I helped him get unstuck this morning and I’m glad I did. (I whine sometimes too.)




No comments: