Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Size of Things

MEASURING THE HUGH GRANDKIDS
Brigitte born April 7, 1996
Jonathan born July 26, 1996
Isaak born December 25, 1997
Klarissa born February 27, 2001
Naomi and Amanda born October 26, 2002
Karlton born April 2, 2003

Elizabeth measuring Brigitte & Jonathan.  12/13/10

Jonathan and Isaak

Isaak discovered a way to be taller!

Jonathan (14) & Klarissa (9)

Jonathan (14) and Karlton (7)

Brigitte & Jonathan March 19, 2011 - 3 months later
Klarissa (10) & Naomi (8)
 
Klarissa (10) & Amanda (8)

Karlton (almost 8) & Naomi (8 years 5 months)

Karlton & Amanda

Klarissa (10) & Karlton (8)






And that's about the size of it!
No one else would notice,
but in December,
decorating the Christmas tree,
Jonathan is wearing
my old Gap fleece;
while in March
walking to the park
with all of the grandchildren,
Brigitte is wearing it.
Is the Gap still in business?
*******
What do I know?
Tonight when I put the fleece on
to go for a walk through the hollow,
it said not Gap
but Old Navy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you still had your Christmas tree up..... I was going to commend you for your dedication to the holiday.

But it looks like, no.

Well, we've still got our outside Xmas lights up, if that counts for anything...

--B

JJ said...

What happened to my comment I so meticulously crafted? We still have the garland up in the foyer. I could have changed it to Valentine's and Easter but I don't care about anything except the lights to cheer me up each morning when I come down stairs even when it's gloomy and gray outside. BTW, it snowed again yesterday morning. Where's spring?

Brigitte Hugh said...

Not here, It's Utah!!!!! it might be in Florida and hasn't come west yet!