Saturday, March 5, 2011

TO MY FAMILY

January 5, 2011

I’m bummed tonight.
We got the results of our blood tests back today.
I have sugar diabetes also.
Additionally, my cholesterol is 305.
It doesn’t seem to matter how much you exercise;
How well you eat;
There’s still trouble brewing.
I guess that’s the way we get out of here.

I forgot to tell you my last bit of bad news.
I also have osteoporosis
(mainly manifest in lower back pain).
Of course, I already knew that but
I thought it would go away with my good intentions.
The doctor thinks my Hashimoto's Disease
is more insidious than sugar diabetes.
It's an autoimmune disease and can lead to lupus,
fibromyalgia, cancer and pages of other possibilities.

To sum it up,
I think I have a pretty impressive resume’
considering how healthy I am:
Tumor that has taken my
hearing and balance on one side
leaving incessant pounding in my deaf ear.
Osteoarthritic knees that hurt
if I move or don’t move.
Acid Reflux.
Bowel Blockage.
Bleeding horrible hemorrhoids.
Chronic bladder infection.
Intermittent Staph infection
(along with Eddy).
Infertility:
Surgery for endometriosis.
Artificial eardrum;
Mastoid surgery.
Lump removed from breast.
Oh, yes, and broken shoulder;
From a nasty ski fall
that left me many a night
wishing I had asked them
to just cover me over with snow;
rather than carry me off the mountain.
Allergic reactions;
Now I’m supposed to be gluten intolerant.
Bread is the staff of life
For goodness sake.
Corns, root canals, crowns, TMJ, plantar warts.

Oh forget it; too many.
Yet none debilitating
Like so many live with everyday.
I can still walk and swim
and ride my trike.
Hear some.
See some.

Joy.

Actually,
Ed said it best:
“I’m enjoying the earth ride
so get off my back.”

2 comments:

tattingbug said...

Brooke says...just glad to have you still alive and kicking. However, I would like some kind of manufacturer's guarantee that I won't get all that stuff, too. b

JJ said...

If your children are not better than you are, you have lived in vain. That's your guarantee.