Monday, June 6, 2011

HELP!


I have a question:
What good does it do to do chin locks, shoulder stands, head rolls
To stimulate the thyroid and parathyroid glands in the throat
if one has Hashimoto’s Disease?
Hashimoto’s Disease systematically destroys the thyroid
as long as it is active.
The thyroid gland is a pretty important fellow.
It affects almost every cell in the human body.
It plays a vital roll in the regulation of the metabolism of the body
from the heart rate to the body’s temperature.
Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland
is gradually destroyed by a variety of cell
and antibody mediated immune processes.
It was the first disease to be recognized as an autoimmune disease.
Symptoms of Hashimoto's thyroiditis include Myxedematous psychosis,
weight gain, depression, mania, sensitivity to heat and cold,
paresthesia, fatigue, panic attacks, high cholesterol, sugar diabetes,
reactive hypoglycemia, constipation, migraines,
muscle weakness, cramps, memory loss, infertility and hair loss.
YES.  YES.  YES.
(Even on the ones I don't know what they mean;
I'm sure I've got them!)
Besides the symptoms,
Lab tests show my Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) is 250.
Normal is 0-34.
My Antithyroglobulin Ab is 373.
Normal is 0-40.
Shucks.
As long as my thyroid is active,
the body will continue to attack it.
Someone please answer my question.
Why do I want to make my thyroid healthy
Only to have it attacked?
It seems counter-productive.
How do I get out of this mess?

1 comment:

Charmaine Anderson said...

Oh Jeannette, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and it is so hard to think about my body attacking itself. I did a lot of praying for answers and was led to a treatment that does not involve drugs that eventually cause more harm than good. It is a very humbling experience. Health is so important and to face losing it progressively is not fun. I will pray for you.