Sometimes I wish I were a cat.
Amy comes home while I’m rushing to get dinner
After having cleaned and sanitized the kitchen and bathrooms,
Mopped the floors,
Washed three batches of clothes, hanging them on the line;
Mowed the lawn to pick up the leaves before snow falls again;
After spending the morning
Working with Eddy (my privilege), culminating in a trike ride;
Says not a word to me or Dad,
While tenderly cooing in this sweet high-pitched voice
when she sees Gnocchi:
“Oh, hi, Gnocchi, how you doing?”
as she gleefully picks him up and pets him.
Maybe in the next life. . .
Post script:
As Eddy comes down for breakfast, he exclaims:
"There's my buddy, Pancake."
"Who licked the butter," I reply.
"Don't be blaming the cat.
Cats have feelings the same as we do."
Exactly.
Post script:
As Eddy comes down for breakfast, he exclaims:
"There's my buddy, Pancake."
"Who licked the butter," I reply.
"Don't be blaming the cat.
Cats have feelings the same as we do."
Exactly.
No comments:
Post a Comment