Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Growing Up is Hard


Brigitte Hugh reading housing stuff for the Y 
Guys, growing up is hard!
Her grandmother’s riposte:
Guys, growing old is hard!

The hardest challenge I have faced
but I don’t want to burst her bubble.
Let her meet the challenges as they come
and find out for herself.
With this in mind,
somehow—either in a day or night dream—
I saw “power and potential” as a liquid in a quart jar.
This is my question:
When you are born, is the jar full of power and potential
  and as you grow
  the liquid gradually decreases
  until at the end of your life,
  the bottle is empty?
Or
Is the bottle empty when you are born
  and as you grow,
  the liquid (power and potential) gradually fills the bottle
  until at the end of your life,
  the bottle is full?
Tell me, please.

No comments: