A sister is a little bit of childhood that can
never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty
![]() |
| Shirley, holding, Carol Lee, Jeanette, Lucy. 1942 |
![]() |
| Verla and Carol Lee in the sandpile. 1947. |
![]() |
| Carol Lee and Verla. About 1951 |
| Shirley, Jerry, Lucy. Back: Jeanette, Verla, Carol. Jerry loved to stop by and giggle with the girls. SunRiver 2012 |
| Jeanette, Shirley, Lucy, Verla, Carol. 2012 New Castle |
I wish I lived close to my sisters
All of them.
I wish I could share our flawless tomatoes with Shirley.
She tries every year to raise them in New Castle
And every year the blithe gets them.
So sad.
Then together we could make her a batch
Of Chunky Ketchup.
She and Amy J. don’t eat much.
One triple batch will do.
Verla loves tomato sandwiches.
Why should she buy tomatoes
When we have ample?
Carol has a garden but I could share fresh peaches with her.
We always had a crowd when we bottled peaches
When we were growing up.
The room was full of family and friends peeling peaches.
Visiting.
How desolate it is to stand and peel peaches alone,
Even though I now scald them to skin them.
I wish I lived close to my sisters.



No comments:
Post a Comment