I found out this
morning what it feels like to
Face death.
Riding my trike on a
less-traveled dead-end road
A car came zooming up
Bella Vista at an inordinate speed
Even though she had
the stop sign, I stopped.
Surprisingly, she
stopped.
So I resumed.
Suddenly she zoomed
forward with the same abandonment
She had sped up the street.
As the bumper loomed
and I was trapped,
I let out a blood
curdling scream.
She slammed on her
brakes and missed me by inches.
Why is she driving so
recklessly and distracted?
I have a flag.
I am not invisible.
Eddy was way ahead of me
but if it had happened to him,
Eddy was way ahead of me
but if it had happened to him,
I know he wouldn’t have
screamed
And that makes me
tremble.
It was such an
innocent ride
on a lovely cloudy summer day.
on a lovely cloudy summer day.
Our grandson, Isaak,
wasn't so lucky a few weeks ago.
Miles from home, he stopped at a corner;
she stopped so he started again;
then she turned into him
knocking him off his bike.
then she turned into him
knocking him off his bike.
She drove on, leaving him disoriented
to find his way home
to find his way home
on a broken bike.
Fortuitously, he only has a broken wrist.
He had just returned from High Adventure
in rugged Teton Country
and survived with nary a scratch.
He had just returned from High Adventure
in rugged Teton Country
and survived with nary a scratch.
No comments:
Post a Comment