When I woke up in the middle of the night,
I lie there thinking:
I am so very grateful that when I awaken,
I don’t hear gunfire or explosions
or suicide bombers or fighting or fire.
I’m grateful I have never had to watch
a child starve to death in my arms;
or to be separated from family members by war.
America the Beautiful.
The Land of Plenty;
where we live relatively free of fear.
I’m thankful I have a clean “lived-in” house
and food and clothes.
The closest we come to violence was expressed by
Ed this morning,
“Thank you for making my bed, even if it killed
ya.”
Our battles are in jest.
Ed and his dad are always racing to see who gets
showered first;
Who gets dressed first; who goes to bed first: Who wins?
Ed chides DeRay every morning about making his
bed.
One morning when DeRay came down,
Ed, always on his back, bids:
“Did you make your bed? True or False?”
The closest we come to starving is having dinner
a half-hour late.
Like Ed,
I love this planet;
I love America;
I love this town;
I love this house;
I love Ed’s car;
I love my bed.
I love my family,
each and every one.
Blessings incalculable.
1 comment:
I just watched a news story and was thinking the same thing...
We are soooo lucky to live where we live
Post a Comment