Saturday, January 9, 2016

Potpourri

You know how sanctimonious Christians are always touting that marriage is between a man and a woman.
My definition:
Marriage is love.
Let the bureaucrats enforce that.

Speaking of marriage,
What good does it do to be married
When you have to rub your own feet at night
Or if your back itches at a place where you can’t scratch
- - “Tough”.

A phone call is such a rarity anymore
That when it’s for me
I’m afraid it’s because someone died,
Unless the Visiting Teachers are calling to make an appointment.

“Salt Lake City, Utah” I taunt Ed.
“Oh, Salt Lake City has a new mayor –“ he reveals excitedly,
“Jackie What’s-her-face?”
Jackie Biskupski. I can’t say it either.


So I walk by Ed’s room.
His TV is off;
No earphones on.
He’s just sitting there silently.
“What are you doing?”
“Thinking.”
You know, that’s not a bad idea.
I might try it sometime.

Every so often I cannot sleep at night.
Like last night.
I finally go downstairs and get my i-Pad and play games
For hours.
Still I lie there awake.
I think it’s because I get too much sleep
And every once in awhile
I have a sleepless night to catch up -
Diametrically opposite to sleep deprivation.
We generally go to bed around midnight
And get up around 7 or 7:30.
I can’t believe I can sleep that much
In my old age.
I love the luxury of being lazy.
I’m glad I’m not running for President of the United States.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Insomnia must be running around these days.... I've had a bout too. It's not fun, but on the flip side, I've gotten a lot of reading done...