Monday, February 8, 2016

A Serious Survey

I call up my friend Sylvia, in her 96th year,
to ask her when she wants to go get her toenails cut.
“I filed my big toenails so they don’t snag my pantyhose,” she reveals.
“Pantyhose?”
“Yes, I wear them every day.”
“You wear pantyhose every day?  Even in your house wearing your sweats?”
“First thing I put on each morning.”
“I haven’t worn pantyhose for 20 years.”
“Do you just go barelegged?”
“I wear long slack socks or crew socks or yes – barelegged and barefoot . . .
“Are you the last one in America to wear pantyhose?
Can you even buy them anymore?”
“I have a cache.”
Survey:
Does anyone else wear pantyhose?
Can you still buy them?
I’m very thankful I don’t know.
I could never stand those blasted things.
I would rather wear a garter belt and garters.

Perhaps.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have tights but I haven't bought pantyhose in YEARS!!!

JJ said...

I like leggings - easier to put on and warm. One woman in our ward wears sandals with bare legs and feet even in winter. I always hope it will be cold enough to wear leggings to church but it never is. (You know "pants to church Sunday".)