Sunday, February 14, 2016

All in the Family

It’s not that Amy didn’t offer her kitchen paraphernalia to her niece, Brigitte,
when she was leaving for college nearly two years ago.
Boxes and boxes had been stored in our basement for five years.
Never been opened.
She was mainly saving them
so her nieces and nephews could use them for college.
The problem was:
Brigitte came to pick them up while Amy as out of town.
Amy wanted to retain the option of consent.
Now whenever Brigitte posts something on Facebook
About a toaster or mug or blender,
Amy can’t let it go.
For example:
"I'm hungry and no where's open at midnight," (Brigitte’s roommate said.)
Brigitte's kitchen is apparently open at midnight.
Amy Hugh wish I could make waffles, but somebody has my waffle Iron, oh I see it there...
Brigitte Hugh I'm holding it hostage. Guess you'll have to come to Logan for waffles
Post from Amy on Facebook: Ruby’s Inn, Bryce Canyon: Perfect day in the life of Amy Hugh and K'Leena Murphy: cut in line for registration under guise of valentine cookies, free rental shoes, yoga class, shrimp on the George, western photo shoots, Let's Get Wild interactive presentation, fat bikes course, CONDORS, runners clinic, watercolor demo capped off with western dance smooth moves... except the door got left open most the day and it seems there's a chipmunk chirping away in here...
When I saw Amy’s picture on Facebook
of shrimp cooking on the grill at Bryce,
I thought:
“Man, those shrimp look good.
I wish I had some right now.
Oh, wait.
Someone took our shrimp
and our grill.”
But I’m above and beyond that.
I would never blog it.
Not me.

2 comments:

Brigitte Hugh said...

Oh no, There's no familial relationship here . . . Noooooooo way:)

Melissa said...

bwahahahaha!!!