Sunday, May 22, 2016

Adventure Yoga at Snowbird by Kristin

It’s called Adventure Yoga
Because it’s not in the studio.
They go outdoors
Or out by the pool
We decided to stay in the room
And not be adventuresome.
Today
I was the only one
In yoga class.
I thought she would cancel
Or cut it short
But
She spent the entire hour
With me
Teaching me 3-part breathing—
A meditation—
Sharing restorative poses
Touching stress places
Massaging my neck
With oils and scents.
I felt pampered and loved
Age held no barrier
I felt worthwhile.
Gratitude
is a big part
of all the blessings.
When it was over
And I thanked her
For the wonderful feelings
She said she gained
Strength and energy from me too.

The difference
Between the Practice of Yoga
And the religions of the world,
I contemplated,
Is that in yoga
We honor each other.
The divine light in me
Honors the divine light in you
Or
The teacher in me
Honors and respects
The teacher in you.
Namaste’ is the recognition that
We are all equal and
Share a common divinity.

While in organized religion,
We honor the brethren
With no regard for
Our own worth or wisdom.
Today I had a spiritual experience.
A validating one.
I can’t think of when
I have had a spiritual experience
In the presence of a bishop
or when I've felt love.
It’s always
Ego and power based.

Something is haywire.
Probably me.

2 comments:

desplingca said...

I'm glad you had a good solo yoga session.One time one of our staff officers was going to teach the rest of us yoga. I was the only one that showed up. We went ahead, but I didn't learn anything, and have not done yoga since. So, glad yours turned our better.

Melissa said...

I LOVE when solo yoga sessions occur in my life! They end up being my favorite classes, because in my experiences, my teacher has asked me what my trouble areas are and then tailors the class to just me. I always feel so spoiled and lucky...

Ya for you!!!