The evolution of a marriage.
September 7, 1956
One year later - I still fit in my wedding dress. - 1957
Two years later - I still fit in my wedding dress. - 1958
Four years later - 1960

Five Years later - in our first home after four years of schooling and working,
I still fit in my wedding dress. - 1961

Seven years later - oops! - 1963
Ten Years Later with Grandma and Grandpa Pugh
Jeanette, Jeanne, Brent, and DeRay - 1966
With Grandma Esplin and Uncle Ed
DeRay, Jeanette, Brent, and Jeanne
Twenty-five years later. Nauvoo.
Brent, Jeanette, Jeanne, Eddy, Amy, Brooke - 1981
Jeanette, Eddy, Jeanne, Brooke, Brent, Amy - Church and Country Historical Trip in Motor Home
Silver Wedding Anniversary
September 5 - Brent came home from BYU to finish out season w/Lagoon Show Band and perform at Utah football game in Salt Lake City. Mom & Dad left in motorhome for Silver Wedding Anniversary Spree to Utah County. Returned home Monday, September 7. September 8, admitted Eddy to Lakeview Hospital in Bountiful. Missed two weeks of school. (Norm for every time we left, even overnight.)
Brooke, Brent, Jeanne
Jeanette, Amy Lyn, DeRay, Eddy - 1983
Brent, Amy Lyn, Brooke, Jeanne
Eddy, Jeanette, DeRay - 1989
Golden Wedding Anniversary
2006
Amy, Jan, Brent, Brooke, Elizabeth, Eddy
Jonathan, Jeanette, Isaak, DeRay, Brigitte,
Klarissa, Naomi, Amanda, Karlton
60th Wedding Anniversary
Ten Years Later
Bonnie & Clyde?
Uhh uhh uhh
You ready B? Let's go get 'em.
(Note the Tommy Gun!)
(Note the Tommy Gun!)
Just Kidding.
We're harmless as fuzzy kittens.
(And I don't fit in my wedding dress,
even though a friend who borrowed it,
extended all the seams.)
(And I don't fit in my wedding dress,
even though a friend who borrowed it,
extended all the seams.)
Out to dinner in Bill and Margo's restored vintage '36 Cadillac.
I think it's rather rude they call something born in 1936 "vintage" and "antique".
I think it's rather rude they call something born in 1936 "vintage" and "antique".
The best part: Amy paid!
Notes: I lived in three towns before I was married: Orderville, Salt Lake City, and Cedar City. Since we've been married, I've lived in Salt Lake City, Orem, Layton, Farmington, West Layton, Bountiful, Kaysville, Fruit Heights and St. George. OK. So it's all in the same state. It took just as much effort to move. The packing and unpacking are the hard part - the distance inbetween is no work. Just a ride.
A Wedding Anniversary isn't anything like a Wedding Day. Ed and I went to the gym to swim and do weights while DeRay bottled 14 quarts of Chunky Tomato Ketchup. We rode trikes and picked tomatoes and peaches before we left. Also, washed and hung on the line a batch of whites. Dropped peaches off for Sylvia on the way. (Sylvia will be 96 in a month. She canned 18 quarts of peaches by herself). Granddaughter Klarissa stopped by to say "Hi" with some running mates from Davis High. Brent called to wish us a Happy Anniversary. Suzanne and Clare emailed congratulations. To end the day, DeRay and I watched "Manchurian Candidate". The 2004 version of this political-thriller with Meryl Streep and Denzel Washington. One last thing before going to bed, he cut my toenails--a tangible sign of true and enduring love.
A perfect day.










3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! What a beautiful and wonderful accomplishment!!!
hj, Happy 60th from us too! By the way, I still fit in the suit I was born in. ld
Ha-Ha. Not me.
Post a Comment