We stop in at the lab
to have my thyroid checked
on the way to the gym
this morning.
The girl at the desk,
after getting my
birth date,
looks up at me and
exclaims:
“You’re eighty years
old?”
“Yip.”
It took me a minute
because
it’s hard for me to
comprehend too.
“I cannot believe it.
You do not look
eighty.
Not at all.
I am so surprised.”
“And we’re on our way
to the gym to swim.”
Then the other clerk
stared.
I’ve waited six
months for someone to say that to me.
Of course,
when we get to the
gym
and I try to get
out of the car,
I feel eighty!
Very eighty.
Epilogue:
Epilogue:
Hi Jeanette
You do many things
that keep you young.
Here are two on the
tip of my tongue.
You do yoga and go to
the gym,
Both of which help
you stay spry and slim.
ld
Hi DeLoy
I do many things that keep me young;
To say I’m slim is a bit far-flung.
You’re a fine poet, not a dingbat;
Could you find a word that rhymes with fat?
lj
lj
3 comments:
hj, You do many things
That keep you young.
Here are two on the
Tip of my tongue.
You do yoga and
Go to the gym,
Both of which help you
Stay young and slim. ld
One word modification since I'd already use the word "young."
hj,
You do many things that keep you young.
Here are two on the tip of my tongue.
You do yoga and go to the gym,
Both of which help you stay spry and slim.
ld
Slim I am not, my kind brother.
But I love your poetry!
What rhymes with FAT?
Post a Comment