Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Old Dogs Can Change

I forever have had this fetish
about the toilet paper on the  roller
so the paper comes from the back bottom.
(under)
If anyone dare put it any other way,
I would change it.
I just couldn’t use it from the top front.
(over.)
UNTIL DeRay brought home big rolls that stick.
You can spend 15 minutes rolling it around and around
trying to find the end and never find it.
When the end sets on top,
you can see it:
and so I’ve changed.
(OVER)
I can’t believe it either.

1 comment:

desplingca said...

We're glad that you finally got it right! Forever we have had the fetish that if someone put the roll on to come off the back bottom (UNDER) we would turn it over. A few years ago the Ann Landers column covered this subject until the host tired of the game and asked people to stop writing on that subject, but people kept writing about it. The case for OVER: a. A design, if any, is then on the outside; b. If the bathroom wall is wet from showering the paper may stick to it. You have added c. Easier to unroll when the roll sticks. The case for UNDER was that that is just proper. We didn't change based on the Ann Landers discussion. I don't recall that she ever took a position.