These are my two unscientific surmises on what
caused this potential cancer. I had a breast exam by a doctor less than two
months ago. No lumps. Monday, August 28, while I was showering at the gym I
felt this hard mass. Sure? Check other side. Nothing. Definitely something
there.
I decide I want to go to a doctor in the
University of Utah Hospital system since that’s where I’ve had all my other
surgeries. Now there is a clinic at
Farmington Station. Alison goes there. I tried to get in with her doctor but
she was booked until late October so I took the first available appointment
with anyone. Thursday at 4:15. We had to wait quite awhile and by the time he
examined me it was too late to get an appointment with anyone for a diagnostic
mammogram and ultra-sound. Next morning I call the North Davis Hospital but
they couldn’t see me until Tuesday afternoon; Monday being a holiday. I called
Lakeview where they recommended and made an appointment for Tuesday at 9:30, come
15 minutes early.
So I have the mammogram and the ultra-sound.
Tissue looks different. It could be scar tissue, (I had a lump taken out 51
years ago) why would that suddenly show up? Only way to know for sure is a
biopsy. Why can’t you do it now? Most people like to wait. It’s the waiting
that kills you. Well, if your insurance OK’s it. She checked. Pretty sure
insurance covers it. So they did it. The needle is the size of a pencil. It’s
ugly. I look at the pictures on the screen. It just looks like an ocean to me.
Two more days and I’ll know the results. It’s small. You caught it early.
Relax.
The two things I’m suspecting: (I know a doctor
would laugh at me.)
1. The
stem cell injections in my knees taken from the amniotic fluid of a newborn
caesarian section baby carried cancer cells.
2. The
diet pills I have been taking for three months. DeRay and all his brothers and
sisters are taking them. Ron has lost 90 pounds; Karen has lost 50 pounds. Most of Karen’s kids are taking them. When Brent was here, he read the ingredients:
nicotine and caffeine are the two major ingredients. Yep.
I can’t decide which one to blame. I’m certainly
not taking any of the blame myself. Why do I need another cancer? Thyroid
cancer is enough.
“I’ve had 23-year-olds in here with breast
cancer. Now that is sad.” Like it’s not sad when an old person has breast
cancer because they are ready to die anyway. Rude. I’ve still got things to do
and I don’t want my schedule interrupted thank you. I don’t call them on it. I have felt the same
way. I remember when Mama was concerned because one side of her face was
paralyzed from brain surgery. Eddy was a baby and I thought: “Mama, you’re old.
Eddy has his whole life to live with only one eye and the distortions that
multiple surgeries can't redeem.” Mama
wasn’t even 70. Here I am 80 years old and want everything to be just as it has
been. It’s apples and oranges. One person’s fate doesn’t diminish or embellish
another’s. A trial is a trial. Period.
Thursday already. I felt pretty good last
evening and this morning. You know my gut feeling that all will be well.
Nope. So much for my gut feelings. I have no inspiration or intuition.
Breast cancer. She made four appointments: 1)
MRI; 2) Surgeon; 3) Oncologist; 4) Radiation
She gave me a key chain boxing glove that reads: FIGHT
like a girl.
Sure.
To add insult to injury, we found out on our 61st Wedding Anniversary.
To add insult to injury, we found out on our 61st Wedding Anniversary.
3 comments:
hj, Not the news we wanted to hear. We wish you the best. ld
yikes!!!!
Just know that you've got support!!!
Sooo sorry to hear. Cancer is an ugly word that always scares us. I had that big ugly needle for the test so I know what you mean. Ugh!! Then a surgeon to cut out a huge biopsy to test. It's not ever our choice but we can beat it!! We will surely pray for you & always know I am here to support you in any way I can. We love you💕
Post a Comment