Saturday, December 30, 2017

Amy Lyn Hugh

Happy Birthday to the most adventuresome soul I know.



Grandmother Amy with two granddaughters named Amy.
Amy Jayne Hart; Amy Lyn Hugh.
A year later.
The three Amys.
We named her after her grandmother, Amy Heaton Esplin, and Grandfather, John Lynn Esplin. We didn't know at the time that she was born on the birth dates of my double-first cousin, Amy Esplin Levanger b 1922, and my great aunt, Amy Carroll Stark b 1882. Three Amys born on December 30.
Birthday Dinner 2017 in Israel













For her adventure this year, she visited the Sea of Galilee and Nazareth on her birthday:

 Jessie is working in Amman, Jordan.
Amy traveled with her parents, Jim and Judy Pechmann, to visit her.
 


















Nazareth
  









  

  



 The Dead Sea
 Jerusalem















 The Wailing Wall
  

Visiting Jordan:
















 Petra










 Two Arab Women?




































 Wadi Rum










 The Promised Land






I think she might have had a pretty nice Christmas and birthday!

1 comment:

desplingca said...

I enjoyed seeing all of Amy's photos.
Hey, I recognize one of the birds that she has several photos of. We have it in our back yard. At first glance it looks like just another sparrow, but is one of the most distinctively marked birds around. It's the European House Sparrow: male gray crewcut, chestnut back, prominent white wing mark, white cheeks, black bib, white or gray belly, and black Tonto mask,. It was introduced to the US from Europe in 1840 (I don't know how someone knew that.)