Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Joyful and Sacred

Christmas is chocolate


Christmas is warm fuzzy blankets

Christmas is families
Celebrating the birth of the Christchild


Poignant and heart-warming
is sipping soup
with my Souptown Siblings
Lynn (87), Jerry (81), Carol (78), Jeanette (83), Verla (73)

Spouses and nieces.
Lana Esplin, Amy Jayne Hart, Nellie Doornbos, Juanita Esplin (83) DeRay Hugh (85)

December 21, 2019
Fruit Heights Utah


Besides our two older sisters
who have moved to the great beyond,
only sibling missing is DeLoy,
who lives in California and takes care
of his invalid wife, Grace.
Grace died last Friday (January 31);
her funeral is this Friday (February 7.
When we got the news of Grace's death,
Ed observed all evening not saying a word
as we talked about it.
After everyone left, he said:
"I love Uncle DeLoy, Mom.
I'll have to tell them at PARC that my aunt died today. 
She will be missed. 
She doesn't have to suffer anymore. 
I love Uncle DeLoy, Mom."
He told everyone at church too.

No comments: