Note from the Doctor
My
intention is to keep you as comfortable as possible and for as long as
possible. Thankfully, the cancer is
nowhere close to claiming your Iife, but quite clearly is making life miserable
in terms of pain. The pain comes from
the cancer progressing. The cancer has
found a way around capecitabine and it is growing despite you taking this
medication. Right now the top priority
is to limit your pain. Kyphoplasty holds
a very good promise to mitigate pain.
After the kyphoplasty, we need to maintain the disease in remission. The treatment that I have in mind is a medicine called paclitaxel. There are many ways to give the paclitaxel but the least intrusive, least burdensome in terms of side effects, and the most efficacious is to receive this medication once weekly. Unfortunately the medication is IV, only capecitabine is oral chemotherapy. Paclitaxel especially weekly, is very well-tolerated. Side effects include tingling and numbness in your fingertips and the tips of her toes, as well as diffuse muscle aches and pains on day 2 or day 3 following the administration of paclitaxel. My intention is not to burn you with this chemotherapy but with this chemotherapy tried to keep the cancer in remission as long as possible without compromising your quality of life. Dr. Vaklavas
After the kyphoplasty, we need to maintain the disease in remission. The treatment that I have in mind is a medicine called paclitaxel. There are many ways to give the paclitaxel but the least intrusive, least burdensome in terms of side effects, and the most efficacious is to receive this medication once weekly. Unfortunately the medication is IV, only capecitabine is oral chemotherapy. Paclitaxel especially weekly, is very well-tolerated. Side effects include tingling and numbness in your fingertips and the tips of her toes, as well as diffuse muscle aches and pains on day 2 or day 3 following the administration of paclitaxel. My intention is not to burn you with this chemotherapy but with this chemotherapy tried to keep the cancer in remission as long as possible without compromising your quality of life. Dr. Vaklavas
I LOVE MY BODY
When
I first got cancer, I felt my body had betrayed me. Then I realized that cancer
betrayed both my body and me. My body has been rather heroic, shielding me from pain
until the fracture in my back. I am so thankful for a strong resilient body,
parts and passions.
Hummmmmm
I
remember hearing as a child, that hair and fingernails keep growing after you die. My hair got thicker and my fingernails grew
longer than they ever have.
No comments:
Post a Comment