Sunday, May 3, 2020

Part 3 of 5

MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Since I found out I have thyroid cancer in 2012,
I have insisted that medical marijuana is going to become legal
in Utah just when I need it for pain.
I even told my Bishop this.
Is this why he hasn’t been back?
Oh no, it’s the pandemic.
I frequently checked with my oncologists and they
showed no interest in helping me procure it.
As the pain increased, Brooke decided to jump in and help
By coincidence, his x-neighbor is one of the few doctors
in Utah certified to order medical marijuana for patients.
Brooke jumped through all the hoops and filled in all the paperwork
Even paid the fees,
And in two days I had the medical marijuana card in my hand.
On April 1, Brooke, Elizabeth, DeRay and I drove to the
Dragonfly Wellness in Salt Lake
Elizabeth and I spent $200 on drops and cream.
Whoever thought it would be that much?
Opioids are practically free.
Things are not exactly up and running,
When these drops were running dangerously low,
Thursday after our video appointment with the neurosurgeons,
Brooke and Amy set out for Ogden to buy some.
That store wasn’t open yet
so they drove onto North Logan to the new one.
They got stuff that is 4 times stronger
for the same amount of money.
Before our video appointment,
we went to Farmington Clinic to have x-rays on my legs
and another bone scan.
Does the medical marijuana help with the pain?
I don't know.

No comments: