OUR STATIONARY AIRPLANE RIDE
Jeanette E. Hugh, June 2, 2010
Staying in a condo
at Powder Ridge,
10,000 feet
up in the clouds
above most mountains,
feels like
a two-day two-night
airplane ride.
Jeanette E. Hugh, June 2, 2010
Staying in a condo
at Powder Ridge,
10,000 feet
up in the clouds
above most mountains,
feels like
a two-day two-night
airplane ride.
Climbing the spiral stairs
to the loft
first day
Ed says,
“This gives me the
Heebie-Jeebies,
I’m coming down.”
to the loft
first day
Ed says,
“This gives me the
Heebie-Jeebies,
I’m coming down.”
REMAIN IN YOUR SEATS
AND FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS.
AND FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS.
DOING NOTHING IS DELICIOUS.
For a couple of days.
For a couple of days.
The three of us filled the swimming pool to capacity.
The sign says it holds 50.
That would have to be with most of them out,
That would have to be with most of them out,
Swimmers are never really welcome
In swimming pools.
When Brooke’s family came by
To swim on Thursday night;
Their family had the
Pool to themselves
And filled it to capacity also.
To swim on Thursday night;
Their family had the
Pool to themselves
And filled it to capacity also.
A ceiling sprinkler system
Over a swimming pool
With a concrete deck?”
I asked DeRay.
“In case of fire,”
he deadpans.
he deadpans.
He’s an engineer,
What did I expect?
What did I expect?
We landed
after two days.
after two days.