Monday, June 10, 2013

Annual Sisters' Retreat


 There was one less place at our table;
There is one more star in the sky.
We read aloud, played games,




Mainly crocheted scarfs.




 Enjoyed scrumptious food.
I’m converted
to combining resources.
I only had to cook one major meal
and I had plenty of help.
Doing dishes is a snap with everyone pitching in.
Coming up with something to eat
every five days is a much better ratio
than every day, year in and year out.
We even found time for entertainment –
Once.
Starlight Express at Tuacahn.
I got my roses trimmed by an expert gardener.




Cleaning house to come home
and washing bedding were fun when everyone helped.
Silly me,
for three days,
I thought we were going to be
with the ones we were with at the moment,
here and now.
 Since I don’t text or have a Smart Phone,
next year I’m taking DeRay’s I-pad! 

No comments: