Gays.
Gun Control.
Gun Control.
Global
Warming.
Did you
know forest fires emit more pollution than all the cars on earth?
And
volcanos? There are always at least five
erupting at any given time emitting fumes.
The
weather fluctuates. Always has. Always will.
A
professor (by name) I know at Utah State who invented the heat shield for the
space rockets submitted a report on global warming word for word like the scientists
at some prestigious institution back east but on the front one said “evidence
against global warming” and the other said “for global warming” and the one for
global warming got the so many million dollar grant. It’s all political.
Know-it-all.
Know-it-all.
Muslims.
Did you
know the Koran is evil? Evil. Evil. Evil.
He has
read it, have you?
Did you
know Mohammad had a 14-year-old wife and an 11-year-old wife?
Well,
who are
we to talk?
Am I wrong in assuming that all religions
are based on the divine fundamental core
of the Golden Rule?
Am I wrong in assuming that all religions
are based on the divine fundamental core
of the Golden Rule?
Women’s
rights.
Priesthood.
Women can’t
hold the priesthood because then what would the men do?
Obama.
Constitution.
The only
books you ever need to read are the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I read them cover to cover, front to back.
One hour
and 20 minutes of lambasting some of the views I cherish and hold most dear as
if we think like he thinks.
I’m
friends with Mitt Romney.
I’m
friends with Orrin Hatch.
I’m
friends with the Governor.
I know
many people in high places.
Does he
think we are stupid?
Egocentric.
Homogenous.
Homogenous.
Prejudice.
Arrogant.
Narrow
minded.
Conceited.
Vain.
Insensitive
Self-absorbed.
Self-obsessed.
Careless.
Amy
finally came in and said dinner is ready.
She’d heard enough. “Do you want
to eat with us?” “No, we’ll have a
prayer, then leave.”
A
prayer? After the way you’ve castigated
all of God’s children who do not believe exactly as you do?
“I’ll say
it,” he boasts, like we don't know how.
Amy has
four little Muslim students in her class.
“Did you
tell him our two cats are Muslim?”
“And one
is a black Muslim.” Oooooooooh.
"Too bad they are opposite sex
or they could be gay too."
"Too bad they are opposite sex
or they could be gay too."
I seethe.
It’s
about more than I can bear each month.
Next
morning
the Visiting
Teachers came.
They
retold the story President Monson
told in
General Conference about the little boy
who was
bleeding so they had to make an emergency landing
causing other
passengers to miss connecting flights
but not
one person grumbled or complained.
“And I’ll
bet some of them weren’t even Mormon,”
her partner
concluded.
Are we
the only nice people in the world?
Are you
discriminating against the elderly?
For 10
years we’ve been going to the Clearfield pool.
For 10
years we fit in as best we can.
The
swimmers swim and the players play,
mindful of
each other’s space.
Today,
two people were in the first swim lane;
and one
in the narrower second;
So Eddy
and I went to the next lane.
More than half of
the pool was empty.
Four
little kids were on the steps in a swimming lesson.
A life
guard came up to me and said,
“You can’t
swim here.”
“Where do
you want us to swim?”
“You’ll
have to wait.”
“Wait? When half the pool is empty?”
“Yes.”
A guy in
the first lane heard us and said,
“I’m
getting out. You can swim here.”
So I put
Eddy in his lane.
Soon the
girl in the second lane got out
and the
fellow swimming with Eddy
offered
to move over and let me swim there.
Soon
another guy came in and got in the lane where
Eddy and
I tried to swim.
No one
said a word to him.
Soon
others came and there were three or four swimming
there like
we’ve done for ten years now.
I couldn’t
let it go.
When we
got out,
I went
over to this life-guard and asked
if he
were discriminating against the elderly.
He said
he wasn’t,
What
would you think?
It’s a
great big wide wonderful world.
No comments:
Post a Comment