John Dehlin posted on Facebook:
"The kingdom of 'God' is within
you."
1) Look inside.
2) Learn to trust and to follow the wisdom within.
3) Then get out of your own way, and make your life an amazing one.
There you have it. No charge. Now how am I going to make a living?
Thank you. I’ve always felt that. It’s my strength; my hope; my courage.
I still like the hymn we sang on the bus traveling through Israel. Batia, our Israeli guide, was surprised we didn’t know it already.
The Spirit of the Lord
Is now upon me;
To heal the broken heart
and cause the blind to see;
To open prison doors
and set the captives free.
The Spirit of the Lord
is now on me.
We yearn
for the blind to see; for our broken hearts to be healed; and for the prison
doors to be opened and the captives set free.
He also posted:
I believe in life before death.
I do too. That’s why I want everyone in our family at significant events. Happiness here counts. Feelings count. Respect and honor count. It’s not all for the next life. This life counts - a lot.
"The
kingdom of 'God' is within me."
“I believe
in life before death.”
2 comments:
ThIs is the reason I love the word 'Namaste' and the Om symbol. The Om symbol translates to 'the manifestation of the Divine within.... and Namaste is the recognition of that in others...
You are enough and everyone around you is enough.
I resonate with that philosophy. In my blog "A Beautiful World" I first used the Sanskrit words but then took them out for fear of turning some people off. I still used the ideas.
Post a Comment