Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Not far from the tree




To celebrate Brigitte's 19th birthday, I resurrected our Christmas letter from 1996.

Back in 1956-60, I worked for US Steel on the top floor of the Walker Bank Building in Salt Lake City. I still remember a scribbled note someone tacked in the elevator:
It took 40 years to build the Salt Lake Temple
That we all know ‘tis true.
The remodeling of the Walker Bank elevators
Is being done by the same crew!

Now forty years later, we scribble our own little ditty about forty:
The Children of Israel wandered for 40 years;
From the bible we know ‘tis true.
And it took us 40 years of marriage
To become Grandma and Grandpa Hugh!

How they are connected we cannot tell;’
We only know ‘tis great to be Grand;
And the babies bring so much joy,
We think we’ve entered the Promised Land!
 
 Brigitte, 4 months (born April 7, 1996)  and Jonathan Hugh, 4 weeks (born July 26, 1996)
 DeRay at about 8 months
 Jeanette at 6 months
 Grandma and Grandpa with Brigitte and Jonathan

No comments: