Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Notes


“Have you ate this morning?”
the lab technician asks when I go in for blood tests.
Is this  a Freudian slip
or does she ask every patient this
all day every day year in and year out?
English teachers, educators everywhere;
your work is not finished.
One good thing about wearing my swimming suit
to the gym is that I don’t forget it.
Sometimes that happens –
I’m at the gym and my swimming suit
is still hanging at home.
Knowing me, I always carry a spare.
I was telling Eddy that before he went on his outing,
he either needed to change his shirt or his pants
so he would match.
“I’m not the matching type;
So you don’t have to gripe,”
he poeticizes.
The world is so much brighter and clearer
looking out of clean windows;
even the sunsets.
Especially after a massive dust and salt storm.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

love all of these....