Two nights in a row
I went out to see the Perseid Meteor
Shower.
The first night, I saw 1-1/2 falling
stars.
The second night,
I saw none.
But with eyes wide open,
Staring up at the stars,
I saw the Universe displayed.
Swirls and shapes in purple hues
A magnificent chandelier
Stretching from heaven to earth
Expanding and receding
Zooming towards me and back again
Two or three times I tuned in
To this superlative spectacle
Of a different dimension.
Who cares that I barely saw
A shooting star?
2 comments:
It makes me feel a bit better that someone else looked and didn't see anything either.....I searched and searched and not a thing....
It was pretty, though, to look out and see the stars!
hj, I was going to look when I got up between midnight and 4 a.m., but forgot, so didn't even see the stars. ld
Post a Comment