The Trump tape: Not all Utah Republicans leaving Donald's side
Salt Lake Tribune October 8, 2016
What?
I thought we were best friends.
I'm wounded.
Betrayed.
Betrayed.
This is my take.
History will prove me right, you'll see.
Donald Trump himself is releasing all these damaging videos
and stories because he does not want to be president.
He is not fit
qualified
prepared
capable
competent
experienced
and all those other things he says about himself.
I think he is the most shocked of all
that people have fallen for his line of lies.
I'll wager he never thought his little joke
would go this far.
Shame on us as a nation under God.
In the three-minute video obtained by the Washington Post,
where Trump is recorded while awaiting the taping of a soap opera,
he notes that he tries to sleep with married women
and that he is forceful with a woman he finds attractive.
He bragged in vulgar terms about kissing,
groping and trying to have sex with women.
"I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet.
Just kiss. I don't even wait," he says.
"And when you're a star, they let you do it.
You can do anything.
Grab them by the p--sy," he says.
"You can do anything."
Dan Rather:
The headlines of the moment are in the growing roll call of prominent Republicans who are rescinding their support for Donald Trump. But I am left wondering how his candidacy and those who supported, enabled it, and abetted him until now, will be viewed through the long lens of history. It should be noted that many conservative editorial boards and critics have already come out against Trump long before this latest bombshell in very stark terms.
The headlines of the moment are in the growing roll call of prominent Republicans who are rescinding their support for Donald Trump. But I am left wondering how his candidacy and those who supported, enabled it, and abetted him until now, will be viewed through the long lens of history. It should be noted that many conservative editorial boards and critics have already come out against Trump long before this latest bombshell in very stark terms.
Apparently
everyone has a
line, and yet do you feel things would be different if all of these
politicians
thought Trump could still win in November?
And
what should we make of
all the other groups who have been insulted and marginalized by Trump
and yet
his supporters stood by him?
He
attacked Mexicans as
rapists and murderers - but that was not enough.
He
called for barring Muslims
from entering the country - but that was not enough.
He
incited violence in his
rallies - but that was not enough.
He
publicly mocked the
disabled - but that was not enough.
He
retweeted anti-Semitic
memes - but that was not enough.
He
demeaned a Gold Star
Family - but that was not enough.
He
insulted the press and
railed against their Constitutional freedoms - but that was not enough.
He
said that those who suffer
from PTSD were weak - but that was not enough.
He
had a long history of
misogynist and sexist comments - but that was not enough.
He
repeatedly lied on issues
big and small - but that was not enough.
He
refused to release his tax
records or health records - but that was not enough.
He
joked about violence
against his political rival - but that was not enough.
I
could go on, and I ask you
to do so in the comments section. Perhaps we can tag it with #butthatwasnotenough.
I
know some equate Donald
Trump with Nazisim - that goes way too far for me. But in recent hours
I have
been hearing echoes of the chilling poem by the German anti-Nazi
theologian
Martin Niemöller about the culpability of his country's elite in the
rise of
Nazism.
"First
they came for the
Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then
they came for the Trade
Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then
they came for the Jews,
and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then
they came for me—and
there was no one left to speak for me."
America's
better nature has
always been to speak out for the marginalized and dispossessed. It is
an ideal
for which we have all too often fallen far short. What about now?
And Senator Orrin Hatch is still with him.

3 comments:
And each side says the other is has lied.
And each side believes it.
And thus it is
Is a direct quote on a video a lie?
What baffles me is that all of the other Trump supporters took so long to acknowledge his bad behavior....
Post a Comment