“Happiness, not in another
place but this place...
not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
Just as each day unfolds from
dawn to dusk,
so also does our full life span,
from beginning to end.
As we
move through the seasons of our life,
we experience different kinds of growth.
We progress from our time as a student,
to focusing on a career,
then perhaps
to family
and later toward retirement.
Every phase offers opportunities
to grow
in character, compassion, understanding, and self-awareness.
By staying in the present moment
we can find fulfillment at
every stage of our life.
(Making Every Moment Matter. Oprah & Deepak Meditation)
(Making Every Moment Matter. Oprah & Deepak Meditation)
At this stage of our lives,
we are happiest staying home.
Ed is happiest when he has a trip to look forward to.
We find we are both happy
with this compromise.
A week in a condo in Vegas with Aunt Clare
coming each day.
Visiting with Shirley in Cedar City - my impetus for going.
A beautiful sunset on the way to the condo
after In 'N Out Burgers with Clare in North Las Vegas.
DeRay & Clare fixing dinner in condo.
We like the Iris because of the pool
(Photo taken from 7th story window w/reflections)
(Photo taken from 7th story window w/reflections)
As usual, it was freezing cold.
A couple told me they hadn't seen a soul in the pool all week.
"I'm going to call them as soon as I get back to the room," I declare.
"We will too."
Much to my surprise, by the next morning
the pool was as warm as a bathtub.
It stayed that way all week.
Not trusting them,
we swam in Clare's community pool on Monday.
The largest and nicest pool I have ever seen.
Ed and I each had our own luxurious lane.
DeRay couldn't swim all week because
of a deep sore on his leg.
DeRay couldn't swim all week because
of a deep sore on his leg.
On the road to Grand Canyon West, the Joshua trees were large and numerous.
Grand Canyon West
Riding the hop-on hop-off bus to the viewpoints.
We didn't stop at the Hualapai (Wa-la-pai) Ranch
since we already know cowboy life.
Glass floor so you can look down if you dare.
including cameras.
Their photographers take asinine shots,
all using the same goofy poses
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I think we were the only ones who didn't wait
in the photo line.
Half of the Haulapai Nation
do not like the tourist attraction
feeling it is a desecration of their sacred lands.
I feel like the quirky pictures
are a desecration of a scared sight (site).
To protect the glass floor, you put paper slippers on over your shoes.
Their photographers take asinine shots,
all using the same goofy poses
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I think we were the only ones who didn't wait
in the photo line.
Half of the Haulapai Nation
do not like the tourist attraction
feeling it is a desecration of their sacred lands.
I feel like the quirky pictures
are a desecration of a scared sight (site).
To protect the glass floor, you put paper slippers on over your shoes.
Lunch afterwards.
No outside food or drinks.
Does that include peanut butter and cheese sandwiches?
Grand Canyon West is privately owned
and operated by the Hualapai Tribe.
Grand Canyon West is privately owned
and operated by the Hualapai Tribe.
Live Native American performances
from multiple tribes perform continuously.
Walking along with no railing,
you could step down to forever.
Bad angle. Looks like the Skywalk is on the ledge.
Look carefully. It's in front and above.
Look carefully. It's in front and above.
The crevice again. If you're not watching you could step down down down down
Bad hair day. I need braids like my new friend.
Guano Point
We should have come here first - before the shadows.
Colorado River
"Highpoint Hike" offers breathtaking panoramic canyon
view of the Grand Canyon and Colorado River.
I wish I had taken a picture of the sheer cliffs this points sits on.
Our hike and view.
The Most Delicious Green Valley Buffet.
To our pleasant surprise,
we found that Veterans were free today.
DeRay could have had a $36 crab dinner free.
Instead he got a $12 lunch free.*
When we get back out in the car,
When we get back out in the car,
Eddy says to Clare and Dad as
he listens to them,
“You two are best friends like Mom and I are best friends.”
The compulsive gambler.
On the last night,
On the last night,
DeRay says that Clare texted
to say that she was safely in the car
and to thank us for a good time.
“Why is she thanking us?” Ed queries.
“Why is she thanking us?” Ed queries.
“She’s the one who drove us everyplace?”
His astuteness astounds me.
Another marvel was checkout day.
Two carts for our whole building.
Iron Blosom has at least 30 carts.
I call complaining that we are in our 80's
and definitely need a cart.
"We'll send one over."
"Thank you."
We get all packed up,
including freezer and fridge stuff,
no cart.
So I call again.
Within 5 minutes a knock on the door.
"Do you need two carts?
There's already one in the hallway."
We didn't know they brought it.
I love their new customer service policy.
Makes me happy.
Another marvel was checkout day.
Two carts for our whole building.
Iron Blosom has at least 30 carts.
I call complaining that we are in our 80's
and definitely need a cart.
"We'll send one over."
"Thank you."
We get all packed up,
including freezer and fridge stuff,
no cart.
So I call again.
Within 5 minutes a knock on the door.
"Do you need two carts?
There's already one in the hallway."
We didn't know they brought it.
I love their new customer service policy.
Makes me happy.
Back in SunRiver St. George to check out the house on Veterans Day.
We almost forgot what it looks like. Over four years.
Yula singing "Don't Fence Me In".
She had just been on a rambling walk about town.
Shirley devoured about half of her lunch.
Look at her go.
We insisted she try out her new chair.
It hadn't changed since the Saturday before so we knew it hadn't been used.
In fact, it wasn't even plugged in.
In fact, it wasn't even plugged in.
She indulged us; but she prefers her bed.
Home around 7:30 PM.
"Why does it take you so long?" Amy asked.
We left Vegas at 9 AM Utah time.
November 4-11, 2017
November 4-11, 2017
“Happiness, not in another place but this place...
not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
*Golden Coral offered a free dinner for Veterans on Monday.
DeRay & Ed went with Cai & Suzanne.
He didn't miss out on the annual free Veteran's Day Dinner and program
at Davis High School either
Since it was cancelled because early in the morning a drunk driver
hit a power pole knocking power out in Kaysville for nearly two days.
We had power but we were without Internet or phones for more than a day.


2 comments:
Welcome Back from what looks like an amazing adventure!
I can't believe they don't even let you take a camera on the skybridge. I always thought I wanted to go, but without my camera.....
Now to get you your lotion bars!
Carol said, "It looks like a good vacation. Hope you had a good time and was able to enjoy some free time just for you. Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing."
Post a Comment