The weekend
was a hodgepodge of happenings
that I didn’t
handle very well, I’m afraid.
Ed & I
did our trike rides without incident.
Verla came
bearing food enough for the entire week
Chicken salad
– Oriental Salad – Three kinds of rolls.
Amy is so
happy to see Aunt Verla come.
Brooke came
over to install the Bidet
You don’t
know what it is?
Shhhhhhh.
It leaked.
What should
have taken ½ hour took 1½ hours
so he only
got one installed
before he
had to rush home to get ready to go to the temple
when Jonathan
took out his endowments.
Brooke & Elizabeth already
had a full day planned before they found out
that Jonathan
was flying in Friday night.
His mother
had been here for a week,
flying from
Kansas City to attend her step-brother’s funeral in California.
Jan and Jonathan had their own problems.
Jonathan, who was staying with a cousin,
called Jan on Saturday morning,
revealing that he had left his temple recommend at home.
She had him call his Stake President.
With everything on computers now days,
it wasn't the problem it was in early years.
They just had to be at the temple an hour early.
When Mama got to the temple for my brother's wedding,
they found that the Stake President hadn't signed her recommend.
She had traveled from Orderville to Kanab,
to get it signed.
They got visiting and he forgot to sign it.
The temple president had to call President David O. McKay,
to get a approval for her to enter the temple.
Thank goodness, they remembered that it is better to
break rules than hearts.
Jan and Jonathan had their own problems.
Jonathan, who was staying with a cousin,
called Jan on Saturday morning,
revealing that he had left his temple recommend at home.
She had him call his Stake President.
With everything on computers now days,
it wasn't the problem it was in early years.
They just had to be at the temple an hour early.
When Mama got to the temple for my brother's wedding,
they found that the Stake President hadn't signed her recommend.
She had traveled from Orderville to Kanab,
to get it signed.
They got visiting and he forgot to sign it.
The temple president had to call President David O. McKay,
to get a approval for her to enter the temple.
Thank goodness, they remembered that it is better to
break rules than hearts.
We had plans
to meet Carol for the play at Pioneer Memorial Theater.
DeRay decided
to meet the Temple Group for dinner so he stayed home.
Working in
the garden, he scraped his already tenuous leg.
When we got
home, he had tracked blood throughout the house.
While I was
scrubbing blood off the carpets and stairs,
and mopping
the floors,
Amy was
preparing herself a plate of Verla’s delicious food,
tracking on
my wet floor.
Well.
The good
news is, Ed stayed down to visit with us until after midnight.
The only
time of year he stays up after 11 PM on the dot
is New Year’s
Eve.
We didn’t
see Amy again all evening.
She didn’t
want to be around a crazy lady, so she said the next morning.
A new day, right? Sunday.
Amy made
blueberry waffles with eggs and sausage.
Without
warning, Ed comes charging out of the bathroom
slamming the
door and cursing – on a Sunday.
We continue
to visit . . .
“I think I
hear water running,” Verla says.
Just then,
Amy comes charging up the stairs.
When she gets out of the shower, water is pouring from the ceiling.
YES! We
found another way to flood the basement.
The Bidet fastens on the toilet
And somehow
Ed had turned it on
and got
sprayed.
(Aunt Karen has one.)
After mopping
up the water, most of which went in the basement (Amy’s territory),
DeRay goes to pick up Jan and Jonathan at her mother’s.
Eddy goes to
Church.
For some
reason, Verla goes home.
Jan and
Jonathan enjoyed Verla’s salads
as much as
we did.
Thank
heavens for them!
The hike
through the hollow redeemed the weekend.
Jan and Amy walk ahead and have a nice visit.
I loved
hearing Jonathan’s stories on his security job.
It was a
special time and place.
Amy and Jan
fix steaks and French fries for dinner,
while I
visit with a neighbor who dropped by.
Jonathan and
I, even with DeRay’s help,
let Amy and
Jan beat us in WitsEnd
so they
wouldn’t cry.
We laughed
so hard when we played
Telestrations.
It felt good
to laugh.
Even though
they have to leave at 3 AM to go to the airport,
we visit until midnight.
The
designated driver went to bed at 10 PM.
Crazy
weekends and crazy people aren’t that bad
when you look
back on it.
I didn't think I would like
the Bidet.
DeRay tried it out at
Karen's and liked it.
Cold water.
Ugh.
But I LOVE IT.
I have missed so much Church
that the Bishop sent the sacrament over Sunday.
DeRay says "Don't you think people will wonder
why you can ride your trike
but can't go to church."
"Simple.
You don't have to wear a bra to ride your trike,"
I have missed so much Church
that the Bishop sent the sacrament over Sunday.
DeRay says "Don't you think people will wonder
why you can ride your trike
but can't go to church."
"Simple.
You don't have to wear a bra to ride your trike,"
1 comment:
Carol says: Verla is so nice and such a good cook. I want a Bidet! Jonathan and Jan look good. I am glad
you got to spend some time with them.
Post a Comment